[LAU] Line 6 POD X3 Pro

Goran Mekić meka at ns-linux.org
Wed Nov 3 14:13:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:32:47 -0500 (CDT)
"Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabrbedd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Goran Mekić wrote:
>
> > 	Yeah, I know this model is not supported, but I
> > would like to change that. I've never done any kernel
>
> I wouldn't be so sure.  The Line 6 USB driver is now part of
> the mainline kernel (in staging).  I see it in 2.6.35 -- but
> I don't know when it was added.  It looks like it has X3
> support, too.
>
> The maintainer's website is here:
>
>     http://www.tanzband-scream.at/line6/
>
> In the past I've always compiled this as an out-of-tree
> module... and it works fine.
>
> The main feature of this driver is that it allows for audio
> recording over USB... but it also provides full MIDI support
> and maps a lot of the parameters and whatnot to /dev-style
> drivers.
>
> -gabriel
	I know all that, but X3 PRO never had any support:
$ grep PODX3 /usr/src/linux/drivers/staging/line6/usbdefs.h
#define LINE6_DEVID_PODX3         0x414a
#define LINE6_DEVID_PODX3LIVE     0x414b
#define LINE6_BIT_PODX3           (1 << 5)
#define LINE6_BIT_PODX3LIVE       (1 << 6)
                                 LINE6_BIT_PODX3LIVE)
$

I've wrote to the developer (extracted the mail from debian package, although I'm not debian user) about this and offered access to my machine, but no response. What would you guys suggest me to do? Thanx!

--
FreeB(eer)S(ex)D(rugs) are the real daemons