[LAU] edirol fa101 on differant rate that 48k ?

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Fri Nov 19 06:40:40 UTC 2010

On 11/19/10 06:52, david wrote:

> [..]
> The benefit of all those extra bits of color information in an image?
> Filters and other computer processing routines run on the image have
> more information available to them when processing a given pixel.
> Software processing routines don't have the same visual or audio
> processing limitations/requirements as people or printers or monitors,
> so I don't see anything wrong with recording at bit rates much higher
> than the end product will have.

You are free to do whatever you want. Just don't argue that there was a
difference in the that was a result of the higher SR (and not due to
broken converters etc.).

Fons' test was about a carefully mastered result, keep that in mind. Of
course you want to record with at least 24bit and process the data with
floats.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net