[LAU] Any support for MADI?

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Tue Nov 23 17:55:17 UTC 2010

On 11/23/10 18:38, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 11/23/2010 06:31 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Florian Faber <faber at faberman.de> wrote:
>>> Yeah, well, use the PCIe version of the MADI interface,
>> he said the L word though.

I read his mail twice for information about his setup, but must have
overread it. I don't expect vital information on position [max-3] :)

> i second faberman's suggestion, strongly. the MADIface is a joke: has a
> non-locking connector between the breakout box and the expresscard, and
> the box weighs next to nothing, so that even a single coax cable will
> lift it off the table unless you tape it down.
>
> and for the price difference to the pcie version, you can get a small
> form factor pc (well, always), with decent disks and raid1.

Yes. For the price of the MADIface you can fit a Shuttle with the PCIe
MADI card. My preferred setup, btw. Fits nicely in a carrying bag, just
connect one (or two, if you want redundancy) shuttles and control them
from your android phone :)

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net