[LAU] alsa-jack plugin... some patches.

torbenh torbenh at gmx.de
Fri Oct 29 02:21:03 UTC 2010

hi...

i have looked into the alsa-jack plugin. i think i fixed the main
problem which made it cause xruns.

git://hochstrom.endofinternet.org/alsa-plugins.git

its working quite reliably here now.
with the small fix on the xrun front. i looked at the basic usability.

i removed the pid and weird stuff from jack client name. and added an
option to configure the client name.

pcm.jack {
	@args [ NAME ]
	@args.NAME {
		type string
		default "alsa-jack"
	}
	type plug
	slave {
		pcm {
			 type jack
			 client_name $NAME
			 playback_ports {
				 0 alsa_pcm:playback_1
				 1 alsa_pcm:playback_2
			 }
			 capture_ports {
				 0 alsa_pcm:capture_1
				 1 alsa_pcm:capture_2
			 }

		 }
	}
}

this makes jack:client_name devices available.

the noauto git branch also contains a more flexible not autoconnecting
version. use with your favourite patchbay.

pcm.jacknoauto {
	@args [ NAME ]
	@args.NAME {
		type string
		default "alsa-jack"
	}
	type plug
	slave {
		pcm {
			 type jack
			 client_name $NAME
		 }
	}
}

mplayers alsa backend works fine with this.
after a bit of mucking around, i built a 32bit version here on my 64bit
machine and had 32bit skype connected to my 64bit jackd.

would be nice if this could get some testing with jack2 and stuff.

--
torben Hohn