[LAU] New floss made album released, Garage Orchestra! - The decison of Don Rodrigo

Giorgio - Audiophilo anomalsound at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:23:36 UTC 2011

> on your site i saw that you are using ubuntu studio.

did you have to tweak it or is it ubuntu studio OOTB

T.Rex studio is made of two people, me and Alessandro. He runs Ubuntustudio
but it has been tweaked with compiled software and some PPA was added. I
run Ubuntu 10.04, also my machine was tweaked with compiled software and
PPAs.

With aprox. how many regions do you encounter such troubles? I only feel
> Ardour slow down a bit if I use considerable more than 40 Tracks and lots
> of plug-ins. And I do not get crashes that I could relate to the fact how
> big a project is.

I do not work with multiple play-lists per track though...

Uhm i've never counted them. Next time i'll pay attention to the number so
i can be more specific. Anyway i thin 200/300 about. Sorry for the
inaccurate answer.

Sweet :-) Did you also try reamping with Guitarix and/or Rackarrakk?

Not in this album. But i often do it mostly with Rackarrakk. Sometimes i
even mix Rackarrakk with real amps. If you listen to the song you can hear
a distorted voice together with other voices, that was made with Guitarix.

Thanks again! Such infos are most valuable.

For me it's a big pleasure to share my experience with you all.
Cheers

--
Giorgio Baù
*Sound engineer*