[LAU] Pits And Gits - new piece from AVSynthesis/Csound

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Thu Feb 10 17:03:01 UTC 2011

----- "Dave Phillips" <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>     http://linux-sound.org/audio/PitsAndGits.mp3
>
>     http://linux-sound.org/audio/PitsAndGits.ogg
>
> Not a quiet piece but best heard with headphones.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Dave,

nice, I love it. I would say "deep," that's the
closest word that describes what I feel.

Just to know: how do you make such a piece?

More precisely:
1 - do you "play" some "instrument" (keyboard, MIDI
    control stuff, anything) in realtime or is all this
    put in a file (with or without GUI)?
2 - the sounds in the piece are all computer generated
    or do some come from "natural" instruments (like
    cymbals, we hear some of those) that you record
    with a microphone?

Maybe you already described all this in the past
(it's been a while since I last read the list) so
don't bother repeat known stuff.
Some links with cool readings will do it.
(Maybe the title should say it all by the way,
I don't know much about those beasts.)

Regards,
Cédric.