[LAU] Ardour and xrun markers

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Tue Jan 4 08:47:13 UTC 2011

Am 04.01.2011 02:19, schrieb lanas:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 19:46:11 -0500,
> Paul Davis<paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>  wrote :
>
>>> I'm using a
>>> rather 'old' Ardour version eg. 2.4.1.
>
>> i believe that the question was answered, but here's one for you: what
>> is the justification for continuing to use such an ancient version of
>> Ardour? there are probably 300-400 bugs fixed since then, some of them
>> very serious ones.
>
> I'm not too keen about updating Fedora 8.

Rest assured :-)
I just recently installed Fedora 14, added the CCRMA-Kernel/Settings and
now I have the best audio-performance I ever saw in any general-purpose
distro I ever used.

If you can afford to be a bit forgiving about security, disable Selinux.
Pulse Audio is smoothly put in the background when you start jackd with
qjackctl. Only if you use a soundcard with an Alsadriver that PA does
not like, you might need to reset volumes after jackd has started (as I
have to with my envy24-cards).

And Ardour2 and Ardour3 build perfectly well from SVN. All dependencies
can be installed with yum...
I did not found any Linux Audio app that could not be installed in F14
-- those, that are not in the repos can be build perfectly well from source.

best of luck :-)
HZN