[LAU] [LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 18:44:41 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Tom Szilagyi <tomszilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Standing on the shoulders of giants[*], I am pleased to announce the
> public release of IR, a convolution reverb in the LV2 plugin format.
> Released as free software under the GNU GPL, this easy to use plugin
> has been created to open the fascinating world of convolution reverb
> to Linux-based audio engineers. If you use Ardour to create, mix &
> produce music, you will most probably want to check out this plugin.
>
> Assorted features:
> * Zero-latency operation
> * Support for mono, stereo and 'True Stereo' (4-channel) impulses

Can you explain what the difference is here with 'stereo' and 'True
Stereo', as far as convolution reverb goes? EastWest/Quantum Leap
announced their new convolution reverb product 'Spaces' this week, and
they also list 'stereo' and 'True Stereo' as features. What does that
mean?

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com