[LAU] ninjam + JACK transport fix

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Jan 19 13:48:21 UTC 2011

On 01/19/2011 02:10 PM, Giuseppe Zompatori wrote:
> 2011/1/19 Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org>:
>> Hi *,
>>
>> Should anyone here still use ninjam: Nudged by Thomas Wiecki, I've just
>> fixed an issue with the JACK-timebase-master implementation and
>> transport sync in the Ninjam's jack-port that was done by Torben a few
>> years ago:
>>
>> source:
>> http://www.gehrignet.de/cms.shtml?programming/ninjam
>>

> Thanks Robin! (regular ninjamer here)
> Are you ever going to implement single stereo channel support? AFAIK
> It's not present in the open source clients (nor is session mode)...
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

I'm not a ninjam developer and I need to admit that I've never
ninjammed. Before Thomas brought this up yesterday, I did not even
remember that I've contributed to the ninjam source before. ..must have
been one of those LAC hacking nights years ago. Changelog says 0.02-6.

Anyway the curses client 'cninjam' (comes with ninjam_0.06) has support
for multiple channels which can be assigned to up to 4 JACK audio ports
(4 being hardcoded in ninjam/cursesclient/cursesclient.cpp:1104).

You can just follow the build instructions for libninjam at the URL
above but additionally apply the jack-transport-fix just after the
ninjam_0.06-1ubuntu9.diff and before running make:
 `patch -p1 < ../ninjam-0.0.6-jackfix.diff`

Launch it with:
  cninjam SERVERNAME:PORT -user USERNAME -pass PASSWORD

or if you don't want to `sudo make install`
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd` ./ninjam/cursesclient/cninjam ...

As for the GTK-GUI, that seems to be unmaintained but you could ask
Tobias Gehrig.

HTH,
robin