[LAU] [LAA] Foo YC-20 1.2.0 released

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:26:10 UTC 2011

On 01/21/2011 02:09 PM, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:24 PM, rosea.grammostola
> <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Thanks Sampo!
>>
>> With the discussion about plugins in mind, how did you manage to build JACK
>> clients for Linux, Windows and OSX and a LV2 plugin?
> Sorry, I haven't really followed that discussion. Writing a plugin
> isn't that difficult. The real work for this release has been the OS X
> packaging (done by Robin) and the badly behaving mingw compiler.
Hmm others seems to have more difficulties making such a crossplatform
plugin / Jack client.

Are there tools in FAUST which makes it easy to make it crossplatform?

About Foo YC-20 (1.1), the sound was good, except when you hit the keys
first, then there is some kind of strange extra sound. This isn't there
when you already making sound, with your left hand for example. So solo
tones, eg playing one tone without hitting others , didn't sound very
good to me. It might be one of the flaws of the yc-20 though ;)

Also the 64bit version of the Debian package worked fine, but Jack
couldn't handle the 32bit version which sucked cpu. Could be the distro,
the debian package though... But maybe others have the same issue (yc-20
1.1.0)

I will test yc-20 1.2.0.

Best,

\r