[LAU] searching a dark xylophone sample‏

sim a simta at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 8 18:59:23 UTC 2011

> Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 20:42:04 +0200
> From: f.rech at yahoo.fr
> CC: Linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
> Subject: Re: [LAU] searching a dark xylophone sample
>

> Le 08/07/2011 20:34, Paul Davis a écrit :
> > On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 2:21 PM, fred<f.rech at yahoo.fr>  wrote:
> >

> >> Does anyone here on the list think it is possible we have in a near future
> >> this kind of applis in Linux for free (as in beer)) ?
> >>
> > i find it unlikely, though it depends on precisely what you mean by "this kind"
> >
> Mean, a good sound that is close to the real intrument
> > pianoteq is a fairly sophisticated piece of physical modelling
> > software. stuff like this doesn't grow on trees.
> >

> Yep ! But if one have a look inside, let say Ardour... do we have to
> think there is wonderful trees
> in your backyard Paul ? ;-))

instead of trying to find new apps to make a dark xylophone sound you could try use existing software.
if you found some 'normal' xylophone samples and put them into your sampler of choice. then using a combo of low pass filters,
reverb and maybe very slight bitcrushing you could get close to the sound you want.