[LAU] Problem connecting to LinuxSampler

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sun Jun 19 09:58:08 UTC 2011

Hello Fons!
   Yes normally this works and I'm sure about the port number since
Linuxsampler prints it to the screen when starting. And yes at home it works
like a treat. On the old sqeueeze here - on the old pc - it sued to work as
well.
   this /dev/pts is always empty, except the one ptmx device, which is quite
correct, judging by the kernel doc for pts. I never had this before. I don't
use xterms, but I also use ssh, which also opens/creates them.
   I started looking at security/pam related options, but still no success.
   At home I removed udev, because it gave me nothing but bother. Not creating
ALSA devices and others and I'm not familiar with the rules and right now,
don't have the time or motivation to read about them. :-)
   Any further ideas?
   Thanks so far and warm regards
          Julien

--------