[LAU] Text-based sound visualisation?

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Tue Jun 21 19:35:40 UTC 2011

Julien,

I upgraded to 2.8.1 just yesterday, but I'm getting the same problem
with ecasignalview: it stops updating after a just a few seconds.

Jack_meter also displays the signal level horizontally but it uses the
full width of the screen and has a scale in DB over the bar. Only
drawback, as I said, it that it only handles one channel at a time and
doesn't have the counters ecasignalview has. You can find jack_meter in,
surprise, a package called jackmeter on Debian.

Thanks for the code, I'll have a look at it and might even try to *big
maybe) reuse some of it to create a multi-band version of jack_meter.
We'll see, me and my big dreams... :)

heers,
S.M.