[LAU] Kernel 2.6.39

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Jun 23 07:42:15 UTC 2011

On 06/23/2011 07:17 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I used the config from the self-build kernel 2.6.33.9-rt31 and run
> oldconfig only to configure 2.6.39. I didn't make music until now using
> this kernel. Yes, I wish to "emulate" the PREEMPT_RT, since common
> PREEMPT only kernels never did, what I needed.
>
> What do I need to set?
>
> $ cat config-2.6.39.1 | grep PREEMPT
> CONFIG_TREE_PREEMPT_RCU=y
> CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU=y
> CONFIG_PREEMPT_NOTIFIERS=y
> # CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
> # CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
> CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
>
> IIUC this is correct?!

yes.

and don't forget to add "threadirqs" to your kernel bootloader
line--only then you'll get "rtirq" to do its magic as it used to do on a
genuine -rt kernel.

> PS: SCHED_FF?

SCHED_FF is a process/thread attribute, not a kernel configuration
option--jack does that for you when told to run with realtime scheduling.

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org