[LAU] Mic for accoustic (bass) guitar

Neil djdualcore at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 22:26:25 UTC 2012

For the last accoustic guitar recording I made I used an Audio Technica
2021 (or similar AT small diaphragm condenser) and a Sure SM57.  I thought
the combination sounded nice.  It was a standard guitar, not a bass, so I
can't vouch for what would happen in that lowest octave.

I got the condenser at a pawn shop for about $75.

> Not only there's signal, but it is actually quite loud with the mic at
> about 8 inches, away from the guitar sound hole

Clearly that mic is happy being plugged right in to your 1010.  Some of
these others will not be.  You can buy a phantom power supply that does
nothing but provide 48v to the mic if now isn't a good time to invest in a
mixer or dedicated pre-amp.  Samson, AT and various other companies make
them.

-Neil
--
DJ Dual Core's Blog