[LAU] The Salamander Drumkit

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Feb 27 15:47:45 UTC 2012

On 02/25/2012 05:04 PM, alexander wrote:
> Enough checking and tweeking, somethings bound to be wrong anyway :P
>
> http://rytmenpinne.posterous.com/
> http://rytmenpinne.posterous.com/pages/salamander-drumkit
> http://www.archive.org/details/SalamanderDrumkit
>
> have fun with it!

Thanks. Wow, the kit sounds truly amazing. It's very natural and is fun
to play with!

I have not used linuxsampler for quite a while and have a question
related to using this kit with it:

I want to hit the open hi-hat and then close it by foot - or rather do
the MIDI equivalent with seq24. How can I get that sound?

with other midi-kits I achieved this by
 1) sending a open-hi-hat Note-on
 2) wait :)
 3) send open-hi-hat Note-off at the same time as a foot and/or
closed-hi-hat Note-on.

However with The Salamander Drumkit and linuxsampler the Note-off is
ignored and the open-hi-hat keeps ringing..

IOW how do I amputate the extra feet from the virtual drummer and remove
two of the three hit-hats from this virtual kit to make it sound
realistic :)

rock on!
robin