[LAU] [OT] Is this a case of pagiarism ??

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 13:00:45 UTC 2012

Hello,

I recently tried to help James Morris with the Arnold TNG emulator. By doing so, I tried the ZapTBall game provided by the Arnold TNG website and to my surprise, the music theme is a near copy of the old Depeche Mode song called "Photographic".

Here is a link to the Depeche Mode song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUP5W10wGEA
If you jump to 1mn27sec, you will hear the melody that the game is using. Not only this melody but also the subsequent solo and tone changes are nearly the same. Does someone know this ZapTBall game and whether the music theme is legal ? It sounds to me like a case of plagiarism.

J.