[LAU] a new Freesound mix

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Nov 21 12:18:59 UTC 2012

On 11/20/2012 06:16 PM, Folderol wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 07:06:10 -0500
> Dave Phillips<dlphillips at woh.rr.com>  wrote:
>

>> Yes, it's another Freemix from StudioDLP:

> I really like this.
>
> It's not fair. I never seem to have the time to play with any of these :'(
>
> It's hard enough trying to keep up with my own ideas :o

I hear you.

In case anyone doesn't already know: Ardour3 includes an interface to
the Freesound database of freely-available soundfiles. Search terms are
supported, so occasionally I'll look up files for, say, "experimental"
or "drum loop". I can audition the file before using it, sample rate
conversion is automatic, and almost every soundfile format is supported
(MP3 the notable exception, and yes, I know it's not really a soundfile
format). I've made a dozen+ mixes solely from material found on
Freesound, the process is fun and helps put the creative wheels in
motion. It's a neat feature.

Best,

dp