[LAU] noise with pulseaudio on Delta 66

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 12:32:02 UTC 2013

I've had a Delta 66 PCI audio card for over a decade, and it's always
sounded great.  I recently had to transfer it to a new PC with a fresh
install of Fedora 17.  Now, when I play anything using  any pulseaudio
client, I get a strange digital noise (sort of like static, but almost like
aliasing too).

This does NOT happen when running jack, as far as I can tell.

Aside from disabling or uninstalling pulseaudio, is there anything else I
can do?  Does anyone else have this problem?