[LAU] Audio interface MIDI ports just showing on advanced mode

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Sun Aug 18 19:26:26 UTC 2013

Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
> The MIDI port on my UA25EX just shows up when audio card is in advanced
> driver mode

In Windows, the advanced mode is intended to be used with the Roland
drivers; disabling it should be necessary only when you're using it with
a system where these drivers are not installed.  Due to bugs in the
built-in Windows USB MIDI driver, MIDI is made available only in
advanced mode.

In theory, Linux should support advanced mode.

> which by now is not the main mode I'm playing because of problems with
> this mode on Raspberry PI (for the moment It runs with jack1 and it
> won't start in advanced mode).

Which kernel are you using?  To other programs (i.e., aplay/arecord)
work?

> I suppose that with Jack2 this won't be a problem

If this is a driver problem, Jack2 will not work either.

Regards,
Clemens