[LAU] USB-MIDI

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 22:22:54 UTC 2013

On 02/06/2013 03:43 PM, Folderol wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience of using a MIDI-over-USB dumb keyboard?
> Does it need special drivers or can I just plug it in and have it automatically
> found by my machine?

If it's a simple class-compliant controller, it will just show up.  If
it has a bunch of features built-in, or isn't class-compliant, it could
be a different story.  I've used an M-Audio Oxygen, and it worked fine.
But I also tried an Alesis, and it didn't work so well.

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

  http://www.lateralforce.com

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]