[LAU] pyOSC problem

Christoph Kuhr christoph.kuhr at web.de
Wed Feb 27 14:54:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

I did not try liblo yet, but it would be the alternative, if I cannot
figure out how to get it working with pyOSC.

> Two general remarks - first: show us (some) code?
> Do you _really_ expect us to debug your problem with the
> information you provided?
Why so offensive?

I expect nothing!
I ask for help, if you dont want to, then dont.

Anyway...
> Which PyOSC? There seem to be quite a few out in the wild ...
I am reffering to this version of PyOSC:
https://gitorious.org/pyosc/devel/commits/python3

> What event loop do you use in your program? Some code please ...
> Cheers ,Ralf Mattes

I have a python3 app, that calls a class OSC_Communication.

address = localhost, port = 9001

class OSC_Communication(object):

    def __init__(self, address, port):

             self.osc_server = ForkingOSCServer((address, port))
             self.register_osc_callbacks()
    #__________________________________________________________________________________________________

         def register_osc_callbacks(self):
             self.osc_server.addMsgHandler("/test", self.test_callback)
             self.osc_server.addDefaultHandlers("", "/info", "/error")

             print ("Registered Callback-functions are :")
             for addr in self.osc_server.getOSCAddressSpace():
                 print (addr)
    #_________________________________________________________________________________________________

         def test_callback(self, path, tags, args, source):
             print("test")

as simple as it is, it does not receive any OSC message.
The addressing is correct and the messages are sent.
I checked with puredata and printed messages correctly.
Wireshark captured messages correctly as well.

So, what am I missing?

Regards,
Ck