[LAU] Free instrument sample library

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Mar 23 17:42:41 UTC 2013

Hello Nicholas!
   It's very good of you to come here and make the offer. I'm sure a lot of
people would benefit from that and gladly pounce on it.
   I think doing something in SFZ or GIG is the best way, since Linux Sampler
can read them and I am sure, that LinuxSampler can be easily connected to
MuseScore.
   and I do agree with Brett, that especially the orchestral section is
woefully underrepresented. We have one or two adequate piano libraries and you
can easily get good ones commercially, that will work fully with LinuxSapler.
But as Brett also said, the good orchestral stuff only works as virtual
instruments.
   Warm regards
            Julien