[LAU] Custom UI development in Pure Data

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 10:06:44 UTC 2013

On 01/09/13 14:04, Marc Lavallée wrote:

> PD have a new GUI Plugins API:
> http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/

yes ... the pd interface is much more flexible, you can change the look, change
the behaviour, great work has been done there ... but if you want a different
slider or whatever then you need to write one (or find one), and if you want to
use some other toolkit to build an interface then it is communication with pd or
pd as a library you are after.

One option I forgot to mention is building an interface in pd using GEM windows,
but I was thinking the OP was wanting to use a existing toolkit with the look
and options and pre-built bits that that provides.

Simon