[LAU] Timidity on external USB

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Mon Sep 1 21:07:26 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote:

> The device name is read from the TIMIDITY_PCM_NAME environment variable.
> Try "TIMIDITY_PCM_NAME=default timidity mymid.mid ..." or
> "TIMIDITY_PCM_NAME=plughw:2 timidity mymid.mid ...".
>

> Does creating a .wav file with Timidity actually work?

​Okay. SOLVED!

And I'm printing this for future reference!!!

While a midi file is being played by timidity: in the Pulse Audio Volume
Control (pavucontrol) go to the playback tab, select Show: AllStreams. The
timidity app shows as using the internal speaker. Just select the USB
device from the menu of devices.

Dead simple.... once you know.

Thanks all.

--