[LAU] Debian DAW experiences

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Wed Sep 3 00:56:21 UTC 2014

On 09/01/2014 12:17 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> Cheap USB stick = 4G, it is hard to find a 1G USB stick. Even 32G sticks
> are not real expensive, though the difference between 16G and 32G in
> price is more than it should be. A 2G live ISO will run from 2G. On a 4G
> stick it can use the rest of the space to save data... no install required.

I agree that 8 and 16 GB USB 2.0 drives are the current cheap commodity
items in single unit quantities available "at retailers everywhere".

This was what I was talking about when I said "a cheap USB drive" "with
enough code to bootstrap a system that can connect to the network and
download the installer":

http://www.oempcworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=USB64&Category_Code=Gigaram&Product_Count=7

10 for $25.70 +tax +shipping.  Enough room for Damn Small Linux, Debian
mini.iso, etc., and cheap enough that you can pass them out at an
installfest, LUG meeting, presentation, course, etc..  :-)

David