[LAU] Session management with NSM

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Sep 3 01:07:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, J. Liles wrote:

> And likewise, theoretically it's fine to change sample rate and buffer size without
> stopping JACK clients.
>
> In fact, I do test all the Non stuff for this scenario. But I don't usually do that in
> practice though. Too many bad memories from the time when running jack_bufsize with
> clients attached would crash stuff.

I do use jack_bufsize, a jack client can deal with it. Ardour will keep
playing back thorugh a bufer size change with only an audible glitch going
the wrong way, but Phasex will sound strange untill buff size goes back to
where it started or is restarted. I haven't had anything crash when I do
this ... yet  :)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net