[LAU] Debian DAW experiences

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Wed Sep 3 05:14:15 UTC 2014

Am 03.09.2014 04:41, schrieb David Christensen:
> On 09/02/2014 02:14 PM, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
>> Just curious? Does this center more on crappy internet access/cost?
>> There are some miserable ISP options available in an amazingly large
>> footprint given the day and age. WiMAX has helped in US but not much.
>> I have always chosen to live in the boonies when possible and have
>> utilized all of them at some point. When I'm in town on a nice CATV
>> net connection that drops a 2.5g ISO on my drive in minutes, I don't
>> care what's in the package so long as relevant to the system.
>
> Yes!
>

> Let us not forget that those of us with broadband Internet connections
> are privileged.  I suspect that many, if not most, people on this
> planet have no access to this luxury.

If your internet connection is to bad to download the ISO, you could as
well buy a CD (And support the project).

https://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

> Shame on FOSS developers that either have forgotten, or are too
> callous to care about, the discipline taught by operating a computer
> connected to the outside world via a plain old telephone system (POTS)
> modem.

Shame on those people who believe that there very own requirement have
to be respected in the first place, over the requirement of the majority
of the users.