[LAU] fabla GUI doesn't render

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 15:57:50 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Generally, filing a bug report on the OpenAV github project page is
> better than LAU:
> https://github.com/harryhaaren/openAV-Fabla
>
> I've created an issue for this issue:
> https://github.com/harryhaaren/openAV-Fabla/issues/33
>
> Lets fix this over there: its the right place for such a discussion.
>
> Thanks for reporting, I'll look into this tomorrow afternoon.
> Cheers, -Harry from OpenAV

Ugh.  I don't have a github account and don't really want one.

>From the trac ticket:

Your version of lv2 seems pretty out of date: it was released on Aug
18, 2013. Please upgrade SUIL, LILV, LV2 and thier deps. A new way to
draw UI's was introduced, called the "Lv2 Idle Interface", which
OpenAV plugins need to draw properly.

What version of LV2 does one need?  I guess the makefile is out of date:

ifeq ($(shell pkg-config --atleast-version=1.4.6 lv2 || echo no), no)
  $(error "LV2 SDK >= 1.4.6 was not found")
endif

lv2-1.6.0 is the latest in fedora 19.  fedora 20 has 1.8.0; is that
new enough?  I don't see any reasonable way to determine what
"features" an LV2 plugin requires, nor what version of LV2 provides
that (perhaps that can be considered a LV2 problem).

I don't want to update lv2 from source due to all the installed
packages that require it, so no fabla for me.