[LAU] Problems with real time kernel, thermal throttling and cpu freq governors.

Rafael Vega email.rafa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 03:13:48 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm re-posting this issue here since there are more real-time kernel users
here than in other lists/forums and I'm hoping to get attention into this
issue.

In short, when running the RT kernel from Debian Jessie repos
(3.14-2-rt-amd64), the scaling governor cannot be changed and the system
hangs if the cpu temperature reaches the thermal throttling threshold.

More info here:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=117613&p=554270#p554270

Has anyone experienced this issue? Anyone else running that kernel version
from the Debian repos? Any other RT kernels for Debian out there that I
could test?

Thanks!

--
Rafael Vega