[LAU] new laptop configuration

Joakim Hernberg jhernberg at alchemy.lu
Sat Jan 17 16:18:16 UTC 2015

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 07:47:44 -0800 (PST)
Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jan 2015, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:11:40 +0100
> > Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm currently using the intel dual band wireless-AC 7260+bluetooth
> >> so I'll have to check. With the original PCIe (an Intel Centrino
> >> card) card I did have issues:
> >> http://linux.autostatic.com/2013/12/29/resolved-jack-issues-on-notebook
> >
> > Please do, as I have the same problem with an atheros wifi/bluetooth
>
> The Atheros seems to be really bad. Once the module has been started,
> even powering the WIFI off does not stop xruns I had to unload the
> kernel module.

Well once I blacklist the bt driver ath3k, the laptop works fine for
usb lowlatency audio even with wifi enabled, but the wifi sucks real bad
(signal wise). So ideally i'd like to get a better wifi chip, and a bt
that i can use without destroying any chance at low latency audio.  But
if not possible I'll just get a good wifi and leave bt disabled.

Sadly enough all 4 external usb ports are connected to the same hub,
but luckily enough it appears that low latency usb audio still works
even with a logitech mouse attached to the same hub.

--

   Joakim