[LAU] [OT-ish]: uploading / moving to archive.org

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 11:58:54 UTC 2015

I noticed some pieces announced on the list are hosted on archive.org
So now apparently 'anyone' can upload their content to archive.org
applying a CC license?

It looks like archive.org has gone a long way with audio since I last
checked and has lots of very nice features (at least from my point of
view) such as html5 player, direct links to audio files, waveform diplay
etc. [1]

Given that soundcould (where I have some stuff on) doesn't work on my
Linux browser since months (and it has some really annoying 'features'
like unprompted/unexpected/unavoidable "autoplay"), moving everything to
archive.org and sticking to it for future content seems very tempting
(not only from the technical point of view of course).

Any reason why one *shouldn't* do it today?

Opinions and ideas welcome.

Lorenzo.
[1] https://archive.org/about/faqs.php#Audio