[LAU] GeneralMusic RealPiano Expander, FREE

Stephen Doonan stephen.doonan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 10:54:07 UTC 2016

I have a GeneralMusic RealPiano Expander tone generator, a one-unit high
rack-mount half-width hardware sound source, to give away free to
someone who may be interested.

This sound module or tone generator responds to MIDI signals and
produces a variety of sounds (pianos, electric pianos, vibes, etc.). It
was very well-regarded in its day (just 12-15 years ago), and
GeneralMusic was famous for modeling sympathetic string resonance into
their piano samples/sounds, before Roland later "invented" modeled
string resonance for their piano sound engines in their digital pianos
(such as the current RD-800) and rack-mounted tone generators (such as
the Integra-7).

This GeneralMusic tone generator still works great, EXCEPT that the
front LCD display seems to be nearly worn out and does not give a very
good indication of changes made when front-panel buttons are pushed. I'm
not enough of an electronic tinkerer to fix or replace the LCD screen,
so this tone module might better be given to someone who is more
proficient at taking electronic devices apart and working a little on them.

It's free to whomever might like it, although if the shipping expenses
are high I might ask the recipient to help pay for the shipping. It's a
small unit though and shouldn't cost too much to ship within the United
States, and perhaps not too much to ship to Europe or elsewhere with
help from the recipient.

If you are interested in this very nice, somewhat older MIDI tone
generator / sound-module, let me know at my email address,
stephen.doonan at gmail.com

I may not choose the first person to express an interest in the device;
instead, I will consider several factors before making a decision as to
whom to give it to. I love the sounds it produces, but as I mentioned it
needs a little work (unless someone wants to use it "blind," without
having much feedback from the LCD screen (the manual will be included))
and have plenty of other sound sources to work with now.

Best wishes,
Steve
--
My Music: https://soundcloud.com/stephendoonan/