[LAU] AV Linux new URL and other news.

Glen MacArthur info at bandshed.net
Mon Jan 25 16:16:43 UTC 2016

Hi LAU's

If you are or have been an AV Linux user you may be interested in these
changes, if not, as you were, sorry to disturb :)

AV Linux 6.0.4 is now being taken down and has ceased maintenance to
prepare for AV Linux '2016' which will be based on Debian Testing and
pending some further documentation on the new User Manual should have a
Release Candidate available later this month.

Other tidbits happening now or soon:

- Migration to a new Wordpress site for bandshed.net and all related
activities including AV Linux and the AVL Drumkits.
- Removal of the old HTML sites.
- Removal of the AV Linux 6 Deb packages and other related clean up.
- Removal of the AV Linux 6 ISO's, Torrents and Manuals
- Minting of a 'frozen' Release Candidate ISO for AV Linux '2016'
- Continued work on the new manual... it's going slowly I'm afraid and
there is a LOT of new stuff to document.
- A very short screencast about the next AV Linux.

If you have an application that links to AV Linux because it is featured
on the Live ISO please see the updated URLs here:

Bandshed.net: http://www.bandshed.net/wordpress/
AV Linux: http://www.bandshed.net/wordpress/avlinux/
AVL Drumkits: http://www.bandshed.net/wordpress/avldrumkits/

I would like to say thank you to the Linux Audio Users and Developers for
helping AV Linux versions 1-6 to become an actual 'thing', truthfully you
guys are the rock stars and AV Linux was simply a stage for the show and
the spotlight has faded as I've taken time off to do other things and
KXStudio has become the extremely warranted and excellent go-to for many
'Buntu/Debian people. In light of that and having ridden around the
carousel a few times, AV Linux 2016 will hopefully be a much lower profile
affair and simply exist as a shared, ready to use Linux Audio and Video
workstation image for those who need it. Previously AV Linux became many
things that I neither deserved or anticipated and this time time I'd like
to keep it manageable and simply be a facilitator and evangelist for the
great work of you LAD's and leave the Distro guru stuff up to those with
the credentials :). Thanks also to falkTX whose phenomenal applications
and tireless packaging work have taken a huge burden off my shoulders and
made it possible for AVL to continue, sincere thanks also to
linuxaudio.org for the download Mirror, it is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Glen