[LAU] Using commandline app to mark/detect sounds above a threshold

J. C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Nov 7 10:38:45 UTC 2016

Hey hey again,
the next thing I'm looking for is a program to detect volume over a certain
threshold, which can print out a marker there. This function should - at best
- be able to ignore new peaks within a certain period of time, like a gate
with very long release times.

To elaborate the scenario: I'm recording myself sleeping, to a) find
involuntary actions and b) do quick narrations of dreams, should I wake up and
remember anything. So, I'd like to jump to the short moments of "action"
within the relative silence.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for staying with me.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3