[LAU] ADAT & MIDI

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Nov 25 12:14:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm looking for a replacement of my RME HDSPe AIO, since it's not
really supported for Linux, only 2 out of 8 ADAT channels are
accessible, xruns, even with too much latency, Ardour ALSA, without
jack doesn't work.

In addition this device must work with an iPad 2 and newer, too, so I
read
http://audio-mastering-studio.blogspot.de/2014/05/ios-compatible-audio-interfaces.html
and found the following device, in a price range cheaper than a
RME Babyface.

The device needs to provide ADAT and MIDI. I already read old Linux
related posts, however, has anybody used one of the following devices
with Linux?

Arturia Audiofuse         599 €
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8   349 €
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20  489 €
PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL 399 €

Could somebody recommend another device providing ADAT and MIDI less
expensive than a RME Babyface? I suspect Behringer devices at least
suffer from short durability.

Regards,
Ralf