[LAU] Linux Audio: An overview

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 3 18:00:09 UTC 2017

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017, 17:56 Ralf Mardorf, <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> IIRC when installing jack on Ubuntu, there's a dialog helping the user
> to set up everything correctly. OTOH for user-friendly distros such as
> Ubuntu pulseaudio likely does cause issues.

On the 10+ Ubuntu systems I've set up in the last 6-7 years for various
purposes, I've never had problems between pulse and jack with the standard
Ubuntu packages. That's laptops/desktops, internal/external soundcards,
even an Intel Compute Stick.

Most people don't shout when something just works. Yes, some people have
issues, but "likely"?!

Best wishes,

Neil

> --