[LAU] Looking for best-possible quality algorithmic reverb plugin

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Jun 10 09:53:38 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 07:19:35PM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> Zita_Rev1 is written by Fons Adriaensen. I imagine it would
> be straightforward to separate the processing part from the
> GUI. CCRMA says the license is open source (I didn't see the
> license on Fons's page.)

The same reverb as used in the Jack app is available as a
LADSPA plugin as well:

<http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/downloads/REV-plugins-0.7.1.tar.bz2>

I assume this can be used by the command line tools that
the OP is using.

> Not sure what "tweakable" means.
> There are seven knobs on the GUI shown here:
>
> http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/zita-rev1-doc/quickguide.html

Ten knobs, actually.
Also explained in the README that comes with the LADSPA sources.

Zita-rev1 is indeed only a 'hall' reverb. But apart from
that it's very tweakable.

Ciao,

--
FA