[LAU] stream from jack to icecast(2)

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Tue Mar 17 14:43:25 CET 2020

* Jannis Achstetter <jannis_achstetter at web.de> [2020-03-17 14:34]:
> Am 17.03.20 um 13:19 schrieb Peter P.:
> > suddenly my interest in audio streaming has awaken again ;) and I am
> > wondering what others are using to stream from jackd to an icecast(2)
> > server (cli programs preferred)?
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> back in the days I was using http://www.darkice.org/ for that. However,
> since my experience using gstreamer grew, I might rather use the
> gst-launch command now instead.

Danke Jannis,
I just found out that ffmpeg can receive from jack and send to icecast2
via

ffmpeg -f jack -ac 2 -i ffmpeg -acodec libmp3lame -ab 128k -content_type
audio/mpeg -f mp3 icecast://source:password@your.icecast.server:8000/stream

If anyone has any suggestions for optimizations, eg. alternative/better
codecs (opus?) feel free to let me know!