[Consortium] Sounds Expo

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Tue Dec 21 14:11:51 EST 2004

Hello all,

The Sounds Expo trade show takes place in London on the 14-16 April; that's
Thursday to Saturday, one weekend before the Linux Audio Conference in
Karlsruhe.

The organisers have agreed to the same deal we had last year, which is for us
to provide an information stand in return for getting the stand space at
cost. This is not cheap, but it's over a 75% discount on what commercial
stands have to pay. We'll probably also have to order extra electrical supply
for the stand, which is also quite expensive. Nevertheless, it's a great
opportunity to put libre audio software directly in front of the target
audience of musicians, producers and sound engineers.

Sponsorship opportunities will be available to help cover the costs of the
event. If you have any ideas for sponsorship, please let me know.

Cheers!

Daniel