sound & midi applications page, was Re: [Consortium] linuxaudio.org

Richard Bown richard.bown at ferventsoftware.com
Sun Feb 1 04:47:55 EST 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 21:35, Paul Winkler wrote:
> The topic is: a site to replace Dave Phillips' venerable,
> labor-intensive, hand-maintained sound applications page.
> It must allow visitors to easily add, update, and correct
> entries for linux audio/music apps.
> Probably also user reviews & commentary on applications.

ObPlug: Our putative Linux Musician site is aiming to do exactly this kind of
thing.  Not a WIKI (because it is edited) but a place where people can post
app links, reviews, tutorials etc.  I'm not suggesting it's there to  replace
anything (before the flames come on) just augmenting what's already there and
aimed squarely at the user/musician:

http://www.linuxmusician.com