[Consortium] PR Newswire

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Feb 4 05:36:24 EST 2004

Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>

>>The good news is that any individual or organization can register
>>with them and distribute their press releases globally: the bad
>>news is that it costs $125 a year to do so.
>

> I did actually look into the cost of this sort of thing, and the
> quotes I got were around $400 per release to send just to one group
> of journalists. I think the membership fee is just that, then you pay
> by the word for each release - minimum 400 words. Extra categories of
> journalists and photos etc. cost extra.
>
> For the time being I was going to use linuxpr.com and lwn.net, which
> are free as in beer, eg:

as an aside, lwn.net closely monitors the linux-audio-announce list.
anything you post there will almost certainly be included in their
daily updates and weekly issues, and on their rss feed as well.

--
"I never use EQ, never, never, never. I previously used to use mic
positioning but I've even given up on that too."

Jo"rn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)