[Consortium] Linuxaudio.org Management Board

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Wed Feb 18 17:38:14 EST 2004

	I agree that many organizations can't/won't sign up to that
restriction.  I would think that we're probably only talking about
copyright infringement (including GPL issues), and patent infringement.
Copyright infringement shouldn't be an issue for a company using
proprietary code since we won't be seeing it anyway so we won't be
copying it.  GPLed code could be used by a company that doesn't disclose
the source but, again, how would we know?  The only real problem I can
see arising would be submarine patents.  Those of us developing Open
Source code probably won't be filing patents ;-)  Are these the only
issues or am I missing something?

Jan