[Consortium] Hardware loan policy

Richard Bown richard.bown at ferventsoftware.com
Thu Feb 26 02:43:49 EST 2004

> I prefer (2), provided that people on the  receiving hand agree to pay
> for the transport of the material.  We could probably set up a section
> of the website    on which to keep   track  of the  material  and  the
> estimated time for the next-hop.

Hmm, I get the feeling it might be easier for LinuxAudio.org to just have a
list of organisations and contacts for getting loan hardware - perhaps make
this a "members only" list for the consortium if you like.  That way
individuals and orgs can get to the people they need directly and therefore
potentialy get straight to the hardware.  Passing about bits of hardware
between individuals isn't IMO a good way of keeping track of any of it -
you'd think any company that'd agree to that would be wondering if they'd
ever see it again.