[Consortium] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Thu Jan 22 07:41:40 EST 2004

Greetings:

  I've decided to avoid this entire "discussion", primarily because I
have too much other work that needs to be done. However, WRT 4Front vs.
ALSA : It should also be mentioned that 4Front gives major support to
the XMMS project, certainly my favorite open-source media player. They
have also been quite helpful to me in various ways when I wrote my book,
nor have they ever asked that I favor them in reviews or other
journalism. Their response to ALSA has been supportive and intelligent
(see my interview with them in the LJ archives). And lest it be
forgotten, they also make a quality product. The OSS/Linux installer is
a model for "how it should be done", and the product itself works
exactly as advertised.

  And with that comment I return to the shadows...

Best,

++ dp