[Consortium] linuxaudio.org

Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
Sat Jan 24 05:56:58 EST 2004

Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de> writes:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Andrea Glorioso wrote:
>
> [re marek's point that linuxaudio.org should be a "portal" to all major
> linux audio efforts]

Just for the record, Marek is not subscribed to Consortium (maybe you
already knew, I don't know).

>> > It represents the linux audio developers, the linux audio users,
>> > linux audio applications/projects.
>>
>> > I hoped it to be a home for LAD, LAU and LAA, and to offer more -
>> > community news, documentiation and tutorials, etc.
>>
>> As I  already told you,  I'm more than  willing to propose, as soon as
>> the   voting   rules are  established,   that   specific subdomains of
>> linuxaudio.org be devoted to such services.
>>
>> I personally won't have the time to work  on the actual services.  I'm
>> confident that willing people will do that.  Are you volunteering?
>
> once linuxaudio.org has had time to work out their aims and policies
> in more detail, i would like to propose that linuxaudio.org, the lad page
> and possibly others (such as dave's and patrick's site) work out a
> corporate design of sorts (or maybe just a logo) and form a web ring.

That's a very good idea IMHO.  Technically speaking what's needed to
have a webring?

> in that context, the offer of subdomains is very interesting.

I think it would help "closing the gap".

> for the time  being, i think it's best  not to bring the subject  to
> LAD again, but in the long run, once linuxaudio.org has more clearly
> defined  itself, i'd like to  discuss the web  ring idea on the list
> and see what can be done.

I'm not  sure  what  are the missing  points   on the  TODO  list  for
"defining" the consortium.  Daniel?

bye,

andrea