[Consortium] demographics

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 28 06:50:22 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 11:05:17 +0000, Daniel James wrote:
> I think it's probably too early to count a significant number of
> users, but the number of developers might be more important at this
> stage. Celebrity users are probably more helpful than statistics for
> advocacy purposes, especially if the numbers are small.

I think the counter-message ("there aren't enough users to make it worth
it, yet") is also important, and so it might be worth having a counter.

Say cubase release SX for linux tommorow and noone buys it, steinberg will
cancel any more near future linux plans they have, and it will put off
other companies.

- Steve