[Consortium] linuxaudio.org

Andrea Glorioso sama at agnula.org
Wed Jan 28 13:05:07 EST 2004

R Parker <rtp405 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> --- Andrea Glorioso <sama at agnula.org> wrote:

>> and submit it to
>> webring idea, of course)?
>
> I don't know anything about webrings. Is a webring
> specifically aimed at one topic or could this webring
> also point to musicians and the materials they
> produced with linux?

A webring is aimed at whatever you want. :)

Basically  web sites decide to join  a  web-ring and, depending on how
that web-ring is managed (for our webring I would suggest writing down
a *precise* set of policies) the web site is inserted into a database.
Each web site  puts  a link  (usually  with a small logo)  which, when
clicked, will teleport the user to the next website of the ring.

> Maybe a linux audio user webring is a thing?

I think this would make sense.

As regards   the policies,  I  would  like  to  know (pending  further
discussion on LAD/LAU, I'm just proposing here so  that we can propose
a more-than-basic-draft idea) your position  on Libre Software issue -
i.e. shall we  specifically deny membership  to sites which talk about
using proprietary applications on GNU/Linux systems for audio/video ?

Any takers for the logo ?

bye,

andrea