[Swami-devel] Re: [Consortium] Re: linuxsampler and oneshotsampler

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Thu Mar 31 18:11:27 EST 2005

Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> writes:

> eDonkey does not appear to be open source software.  Not sure about
> the file format.

The protocol that the donkey network uses is not a free protocol.

There are free software clients for the donkey network. Check out
mldonkey, http://mldonkey.berlios.net

Information on the protocol is scarce, but successfully reverse
engineered, so it's not a protocol developed by the free software
community, such as openft, http://gift.sf.net and gnunet,
http://gnunet.org

I would mention freenet aswell, but it's only implementation is java
based and I haven't looked too much on it.

I would refrain from using this protocol to distribute free software.

Esben Stien is b0ef at esben-stien.name
http://www.esben-stien.name
irc://irc.esben-stien.name/%23contact
[sip|iax]:esben-stien.name