[Consortium] fao Paul White: Letter for publication

Andreas Kuckartz A.Kuckartz at ping.de
Tue Jun 21 05:07:59 EDT 2005

>From the first half of the article one could think that a misunderstanding took
place. The author uses the term "free software updates", but he obviously was
not referring to updates of "free software" but to free "software updates".

But then he writes this: "In fact, there are still those totally illogical
people who think that all software should be free, no matter how much effort has
been put into creating it - but that's an argument for another day! I'm sure
those people wouldn't want to leave their front doors open with a 'Help Yourself
To All My Stuff' sign outside, yet that seems to be exactly what they expect
from software companies."

Calling people "totally illogical" is not simply defensive but insulting. And
this "Editor in Chief" obviously does not even know what he is writing about.
One could (and should) ask what Sound On Sound has to gain by bashing the Free
and Open Source movements.

Cheers,
Andreas